Sunday 26 August 2012

So, what exactly is Capernwray?

Good question!

Capernwray Hall is a part of the Capernwray Missionary Fellowship of Torchbearers.  Simply put, it is a Bible school.  There are Capernwray institutions all over the world, but the one that I have chosen to attend is in Northern England.
Capernwray Hall, Carnforth, England.  I did not take this photo.
Seeing as I have not been there yet, all of the information that I have about it comes from the internet.  This next paragraph of information comes mostly from wikipedia (very scholarly, I know).

The building, considered to be a country house, was built in 1805 for the Marton family (I do not know who they are).  It is a listed building of grade II*, which means that it is a particularly important building of more than special interest.  Basically, the government thinks it ought to be protected.  All this means to me is that I get to live in a castle for six months!

What Capernwray is, though, (the school, not the building), is an international forum to learn about and talk about God, the Bible, and application of our faith to our every day lives.

I am so excited to get there and to begin being challenged in my faith; to see how I am going to grow and change.  I'm also excited to go to the Harry Potter museum, but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment